- County Clerk Home
- Application for Index Number
- Business Certificate (DBA)
- Commissioner of Deed
- E-recording Submitters
- Freedom of Information (FOIL)
- Foil Local Law
- Historical Documents
- Land Record Index
- LLC and LLP Newspaper Designation
- Notary Public
- RP-5217 Report
- Schedule of Fees
- Small Claims Assessment Review
- State Court Forms
- Subdivision Map Requirements
- Transfer Tax
- Vital Records - Birth, Death, Marriage
- Veterans Discount Program
The Oneida County Clerk’s Passport Office is a passport application acceptance agency. We offer guidance in filling out applications and we have picture service available.
Our office is located on the 6th floor of the Oneida County Office building. Our office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our phone number is (315) 798-5778 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Passport applications are available in our office or on the following internet web site: http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/forms_847.html
When to apply:
You will need to apply within 6-8 weeks prior to your departure date. If your travel destination requires a visa, be sure and allow and additional 6 weeks. For more information go to the following internet site: www.travel.state.gov
If you need to travel sooner, you may expedite the application for an additional fee of $60.00. This would enable you to receive your passport within 2-3 weeks.
For emergency travel or life or death situation, you may call 1-877-487-2778 and set up an appointment with one of the Passport Issuing Agencies closest to your geographical area.
Documentation to be submitted:
1. A vital statistic birth certificate with a raised seal with the parent’s information on the document is required as of April 1st 2011. It must include an original filing or recorded date within one year from the date of birth. It must also have an embossed raised seal. In place of a birth certificate you may submit a valid or expired passport or an original naturalization certificate. The original documents must be submitted along with your passport application. They will be returned with your new passport. For children 15 years and younger, different rules apply. Please refer to the web site below:
2. Two (2) identical photos 2”x 2” in size. Passport photos may be taken in our office for $15.00 per set.
3. Valid government issued photo identification is required for all applicants. Parent’s photo identification is required for all minors.
4. Passport fees are as follows:
a. Age 16 and over ……. $110.00 for a 10 year passport.
b. Age 15 and younger …$80.00 for a 5 year passport.
The passport fee is payable by check or money order.
Our office does not accept credit cards.
For large groups of twenty or more arrangement can be made with our clerks to meet with your group at a time and place mutually agreed upon.
Applicants with questions on birth evidence or identification should contact our passport clerk for specific instructions.
Picture service is available for other documents that require a passport size photo. We charge $15.00 for your group of two photos and it is one of the lowest rates around. This office also takes this service on the road to school and groups where we will take your passport photos, help complete passport applications, and accept these documents of federal processing.
Travel web site: