- Health Department Home
- Community Collaborations
- Contractual Employment Opportunities
- Data and Publications
- Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Health Fee Payment
- Flu Information
- For Providers
- Health Alerts and Recalls
- Health Clinics
- Health Information
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Lead Classes and Seminars
- Lead Recalls and Information
- Press Releases
- Programs and Services
- Related Links
- Contact Us
Rabies Clinic Requirements
- All cats, dogs, and ferrets three (3) months or older must be vaccinated, even if they stay indoors
- Dogs and cats need two (2) rabies vaccinations one (1) year apart, then one vaccination every three (3) years.
- Ferrets must be vaccinated every year.
For the Clinics:
- Bring the pets' vaccination history to receive a three (3) year certificate
- Dogs need to be on a leash.
- Cats and ferrets should be in a carrier or pillowcase
- Exams will not be given
- A $10.00 donation per pet is suggested to help defray costs.
For more information, contact the Oneida County Health Department at 315-798-5064, 185 Genesee Street, 4th Floor, Utica, NY 13501