Sauquoit Creek Basin Intermunicipal Commission
The Sauquoit Creek Basin Intermunicipal Commission (SCBIC) is made up of a group of municipalities, agencies and organizations who are signatories to a Sauquoit Creek Intermunicipal Agreement. The main purpose of the SCBIC is to provide a structure to address issues related to watershed management, flooding, and stormwater on a regional basis.
Powers and Duties
The powers and duties of the Sauquoit Creek Basin Intermunicipal Commission include, but are not limited to:
- Participation on the SCBIC from all municipalities and key stakeholders within the basin and refining the long-term structure and roles of the SCBIC as needed;
- Identify watershed, flooding, and stormwater management needs and projects within the Sauquoit Creek Basin;
- Evaluate projects on a watershed basis to determine potential effects or impacts of one project on another project.
- Share costs, services, and equipment or other resources among municipalities and stakeholders to accomplish chosen projects.
- Complete the construction, operation, maintenance and management of approved Commission projects and activities.
|Recent project at the Washington Mills Athletic park, Town of New Hartford|
Oneida County Department of Planning &
Herkimer-Oneida Counties Comprehensive Planning Program
321 Main Street
Utica, New York 13501