- Office of Pistol Permit Licensing Home
- NYSP Recertification Process
Opt Out - NYS Firearms License Request for Public Records Exemption
This form may be mailed, faxed(731-3430) or hand delivered to the
Pistol Licensing Office, 800 Park Ave, Utica, NY 13501
- Instructions for Pistol License Application
- Majority of Licenses Issued are Carry Concealed Restricted
- Notice of Training Requirement
- Transfer from Deceased License Holder
- What you will need to bring to pick up an Application
IN ORDER TO PICK UP AN APPLICATION FOR A PISTOL LICENSE IN ONEIDA COUNTY YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be a resident of Oneida County for at least 1 year
- Show proof of the above 2 items with a valid NYS Drivers License ONLY.
Show proof that you have had previous formal handgun training within the last three (3) years.
a. A Certificate that you completed Phase Two of N.R.A. Basic Pistol course. The certificate received
has to be the Oneida County approved format.
b. Active Military ID or recent discharge papers. (3 years)
c. Active Police Officer or Corrections Officer status or recently retired (3 years)
- *To Receive a "full carry" license or "unrestricted" license, It is solely the licensing officers decision as to whether the applicant has demonstrated proper cause for the issuance of a unrestricted license. As per PL400.(2)(F). Additional training is not required to receive a pistol license.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE PICKED UP IN PERSON
PISTOL LICENSING - PUBLIC OFFICE HOURS:
UTICA: Oneida County Office Building, 800 Park Ave., Utica, NY 13501
Office hours: 8:30 AM to 12:00 AM and 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Monday - Friday
Phone: (315) 798-5821
ROME: Griffiss Business and Technology Park
706 Hangar Road - Corner of Brooks Road (Building 45), Rome, NY 13440
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Phone: (315) 337-4675
Accepted instructor list for Oneida County NY
The instructor must supply the certificate that is universal to all classes
taught for Oneida County Pistol License applications.