Oneida County COVID-19 Update for January 20, 2021
Oneida County Government received 500 doses of vaccine from New York State on Jan. 20. Those doses will be used to schedule appointments at our MVCC (Utica) and Griffiss (Rome) distribution sites for Jan. 21. Those appointments will be posted to www.ocgov.net later this evening. After those appointments fill, the county will be out of vaccine and will not be able to schedule more appointments until more is shipped from the state. Under the current state shipping schedule, and depending on the amount of vaccine received, the earliest new appointments at county-operated sites could be available would be Jan. 27. This does not affect second doses for those who have received the first dose.
Here are the Oneida County COVID-19 vaccination numbers as of midnight on Jan. 19.
- Oneida County-Operated PODs
- MVCC-Utica: 288 new
- Griffiss-Rome: 135 new
- Total Vaccinated: 3,824
- Estimated total doses allocated to Oneida County Government to date: 4,300
- Remaining doses: 430
- Percent used: 92%
- Non-Oneida County-Operated PODs
- First doses: 6,546
- Second doses: 1,426
- Total vaccinated: 7,972 total
- Rome Memorial Hospital: 2,781 total
- Other (clinics, urgent cares, pharmacies, etc.): Unknown
Here are the Oneida County COVID-19 case numbers as of midnight on Jan. 19.
- 166 new positive cases, 16,812 total.
- 16 are nursing home residents.
- 7,175 active positive cases.
- 5 new COVID-19-related deaths, 303 total.
- 2 are nursing home-related.
- 138 patients are hospitalized in Oneida County.
- 118 at MVHS.
- 20 at Rome Memorial.
- 26 are nursing home residents.
- 13 patients are hospitalized out of county.
- 6,834 positive cases have been resolved.
- Total negative results were not updated by NYS DOH as of 4 p.m.
- Total tests were not updated by NYS DOH as of 4 p.m.
- 7,175 in mandatory isolation.
- 1,238 mandatory quarantine.
Updated Oneida County COVID-19 Dashboard: https://hoccpp.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/d88f4e10d59d4553b24c3add5abcbb0b