OneidaWorks! Seeks to Fill 1,000 Regional Job Openings
Oneida County Career Event Set for Adirondack Bank Center on Oct. 21
Oneida County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. today announced a first-of-its-kind, large-scale career event called OneidaWorks! that will seek to fill 1,000 regional job openings across multiple industries.
The event is scheduled to take place from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Oct. 21 at the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium.
“Businesses are hiring in Oneida County, but employers are struggling to fill key roles across all sectors,” Picente said. “That’s why we have created this unique event. Whether it’s in the high tech, construction, manufacturing, health care, government or service and hospitality industries, there is plenty of opportunity for our talented workforce to seize. Oneida County is poised to be the catalyst in connecting job seekers to the more than 1,000 job openings that are currently out there for the taking.”
OneidaWorks! will be unlike the typical job fair that employers and job seekers have traditionally experienced. This exclusive endeavor will feature:
- Up to 50 employers ranging from local small businesses to the area’s largest corporations presenting a wealth of industry options for candidates to choose from.
- All roles for all levels will be represented, from entry level to professional, and will include seasonal, part-time and full-time positions.
- The opportunity to network and build relationships among organizations, employees and governments and to lay the groundwork for future such events and partnerships.
- A strong focus on giving back to the over 5,000 underemployed candidates in the area to ensure they are workforce ready including resume building services and interview coaching from seasoned recruiters.
- A “Career Closet” where candidates will have access to free business professional attire donated by local businesses and residents.
With just 50 total exhibitor spots available, prompt registration is encouraged and required. For more information and to secure a spot, interested employers should contact the Oneida County Workforce Development Office at 315-798-5586.
To register for OneidaWorks! as a candidate, please visit: https://oneidaworks.com/.