Mosquitoes - Ticks - Rabies
There are no Rabies clinics scheduled at this time
Proper Tick Removal
What causes Rabies?
- A virus
- The virus affects the brain and leads to death unless treated soon after exposure.
- Animals pass the virus to other animals and to humans when the animal bites.
- Any mammal can get rabies, but bats, skunks, foxes and raccoons are most common. Dogs, cats, and ferrets can get rabies and need their vaccinations
How do I prevent Rabies?
- Stay away from strays and wild animals.
- If you have a bat in your home, don’t let it go! Safely capture the bat and call the health department 315-798-5064 for further instructions
- Learn how to safely capture a bat
- Vaccinate your pets
How to Catch A Bat