- Health Department Home
- Community Collaborations
- Contractual Employment Opportunities
- Data and Publications
- Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Health Fee Payment
- Flu Information
- For Providers
- Health Alerts and Recalls
- Health Clinics
- Health Information
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- Lead Classes and Seminars
- Lead Recalls and Information
- Press Releases
- Programs and Services
- Related Links
- Contact Us
Flu Shots are available for adults and children during our regularly scheduled immunization clinics. See below for more information on schedules, costs and insurance information.
Flu shots are available for adults and children during our walk-in immunization clinics (see schedule below). If you need the flu shot only, you can avoid waiting by scheduling an appointment during certain clinic hours.
Click here to schedule
Regular Immunization Clinics
Utica: 406 Elizabeth Street
Rome: 300 W. Dominick Street
Payment and Insurance Information:
There are four ways to pay:
Medicare Part B - If you are covered, Medicare Part B (non-HMO) will be billed for this shot. Many of the Medicare Managed Care plans cover influenza vaccine only if the vaccine was provided in health care providers' offices. If payment is denied by Medicare you will be responsible for payment of this service.
Medicare Part D - If you are insured by Medicare Managed Care plans, you must be sure to bring your Medicare Part D card with you. If payment is denied you will be responsible for payment of this service. Please be aware, some insurance companies may not cover your shot in a public clinic. Please check with your insurance company.
- Medicaid - You must bring your card with you
- Cost is $25.00 - cash or personal checks
- Some private insurance plans are accepted including AARP, Excellus, Humana, Progressive, RMSCO, Today’s Option, United Healthcare/Empire. **Please be aware, some insurance companies may not cover your shot in a public clinic. Please check with your insurance company
You will not be turned away if you cannot pay.
Here Is What To Bring To Your Appointment
- Payment: Medicare card Part B, Part D, Medicaid card, cash or personal check
- Insurance card
- Drivers license (if you have one)
Please come at your scheduled appointment time. There is no need to arrive early.
Clinics are staffed to move you through quickly. Short sleeve shirts are recommended.
Those showing up without an appointment will have to wait until those with an appointment have been seen.
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death.
The flu spreads when people cough, sneeze, or talk. Learn how to protect yourself from the Flu.
|Beware of Fraudulent Flu Products|
|Where else can I get the flu shot?|
|Questions and Answers on Flu|
|New York State Department of Health|
|Influenza Vaccine - Flu Shot|
|Influenza Vaccine - Nasal Spray|
|Flu Materials in Multiple Languages|